Monday, April 9, 2007

Final Thoughts

As usual, The Masters provided four days of real excitement. From a drama standpoint, the end was slightly disappointing. I only say that because Rose hit his banana slice to the moon and Tiger missed his birdie putt at 16 within a few minutes of each other. Had Rose parred 17 and Tiger birdied 16, we would have had three chances for a playoff.

In the end, Zach Johnson deserved the victory, though I could have done without his almost incessant references to God and his sponsors in his various speeches. Athletes thanking God is, to my mind, sacrilegious, but then to give seemingly equal thanks to God and his sponsors was more than I could take.

This blog was an incredibly enjoyable experience for me. I think I'll keep posting occasionally throughout the rest of the golf season, and will definitely blog each of the remaining major championships.

Thanks to of all you who came and read.

Cheers,
Adam

No comments: